Quick Search

Follow

Blog Archive

Monday, June 3, 2013

Not Your Typical Growth

“When eloquence meets brevity therein lies the keys to success” – Tyra Clark

I am learning how to speak two languages: complex and simple. Knowing the difference between the two is important in order to reach all types of readers/viewers, and being short and to the point yet expressive is hard, but as a writer, as a woman, and as a creator it is downright one of the greatest skills one can ever master.

It requires a different sort of discipline, a contradictive intelligence; a constant plunge into chaos with a profound clarification. The audience prefers that one beautifully [gets to the point].

Knowing that, I demand this: today is about recognizing good growth, true growth, any growth; even the smallest little inkling of it. In retrospect, the classes as a sociology major that stick with me are those that dealt with theory; the elite vs. the working class (the proletariat, Marx), and philosophy (philosophy of science), claiming that nothing is really absolute just common knowledge, and only common pending the natural course of constant verification of any falsifications of said absolute; if research proves the once common knowledge false, results could cause a paradigm shift, where the once perceived absolute is no longer relative, and now there is a new common knowledge; a new “norm”; a new reality.

Did I lose you? Nine years ago I would have lost me too but keep reading.

Contrary to what I usually spend my time doing, I have been listening to audio books lately. Why not listen to a book when you drive, work out, or in your place of peace right? For some of you this is your norm, for some of you I can ask this question and after me saying, “Right?” You can quietly throw around the thought, “Hmmm, I guess I could, that is different.”

Why not fall asleep to positive affirmations? Why not try something different to see if it works? Where is your balance? Where in the script do you get to be selfish and take the time to develop yourself? I ask myself this often, as should you. Be clever; change what you do in the environments that you are in the most and see where that takes you. Maybe not so simple to say now because of the conscious state that you are in at the moment, but with patience ultimately as my syllogism, that is the simple suggestion.

Wisely so, I am enthusiastically taking heed. While listening to the certain books I am choosing, I pay attention to what is and what is not sticking to my conscious mind (which is probably the most important thing ever given to you, that, and free will – Neville, the Power of Awareness). I am noticing a pattern in my conscious growth. I am absorbing what I am listening to at ferocious speeds, which lets me know I am still perceptible to this type of knowledge; I needed this. I believe we involuntarily absorb information we subconsciously thirst for in order to consciously sustain. In an essence, knowledge can definitely be compared to food/nourishment.

Interesting, as I write I notice a pattern. The phrase I am occurs frequently. The great I AM. Intriguing concept (see www.audible.com search Three Magic Words by U. S Anderson).

Considerably so, after deep reflection it finally dawns on me that my thoughts are outgrowing “normality” or the current common knowledge. These thoughts feel bigger than my existence. It is vital that I recognize this. Kind of like that feeling you get when you have outgrown a feeling, a person, a situation, a city. It is somewhat scary, however, what usually happens next is growth, be it that you get over that feeling eventually, you move on from that person, you finally do what it takes to change your situation, or you move to another city that better suits the entirety of you.   

Derailing your mind, if off its natural healthy path, is, therapeutic; a conscious effort to achieve your truth, however unorthodox, is critical. I question how I handle things, the way I think, how I operate, the level of motivation and drive I encompass, and the level of my faith in the name of growth.

Through my endeavors I am challenging a typical day, a typical thought, a typical life; I am starting to understand what most people do not. It is but a matter of time before my own paradigm shift.

Translate