Quick Search

Follow

Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Additional 2 cents



Uninspired to write lately and I’m not really sure why. Going back and forth between thinking I’m running out of instinct, I’m running out of writing juice, or maybe this is just not for me. The more I go out and really live and take life by the horns so to speak the more I come up empty handed on paper. Funny thing is, the exact opposite should happen - according to, you know, what “people” say. Captivating sights and sounds, having fun, practically forcing, no, giving myself an excuse to have a reason to write. Recent experiences have been one in a million. Recent memory recall is, should be worthy of some sort of revelation, or some sort of spark to get the flame going, the wheels turning, the deep thoughts brewing. To no avail; I wonder why.  I wondered why and then the funniest word ran across the lens of my very closed, very shut, eye lids one night. Guess that was my intuition finally clocking back in for its shift.

The word I see is acceptance.

It doesn’t make sense to me at first so I disregard it only to feel  aware of one main principle that I promised myself to never ignore: respect your urges (in this case the urge is to pay attention to what my gut is trying to tell me)

I keep thinking about this word. It interests me now.

Acceptance? Hmmmm (my eyes keep shifting while squinting from one point of the room to the next) I see - feeling stuck, dull, or truly uninspired is okay! It doesn’t really matter! I realized I need to accept that about this time and this space right now and that when it is time to be filled with what I need to speak or write it will come. It will be there. Growing to learn that staying an open vessel for the good and the bad things in life is the best thing you could ever do because it opens you up and teaches you who you are. I have to be susceptible to things that I don’t like, the things that I do, the things that I don’t condone, the things that I do, dark feelings, happy feelings, feelings of regret, feelings of no regret, remorse, confusion, guilt, defeat, joy, happiness, hope, any of that, and all of that I have to be susceptible to as a writer because it gives me that voice. My truth in that moment, if I accept it instead of fight it, will help me understand it, which will entice me to write on it, thus enabling me to speak to someone else’s heart or situation. It’s sort of my duty to go through it and then try to accept it. One must have a third eye maybe even a forth when going through things and having to make certain decisions – I can’t say “oh I shouldn’t have made that decision” because I will be subjecting myself to shutting a part of me down that should be wide open. Now that I have made that decision there will be this urge to capture it on paper. It is my duty as writer. I have to go with it.  

Something else heavily dawns on me after figuring this much out, and that is that this word doesn’t just apply to your self assessment it applies to those around you as well. All most people want is for you to see what they see in themselves, for you to hear what they hear when they are talking, for you to get what they mean the first time, for you to accept them. The disappointing nature they may have accidentally or on purpose, the fact that they’re always late, or they’re nature to tell you up to just about everything but not everything. Whether they’re always asking questions, or always upbeat, whether they’re super optimistic or super pessimistic or always have to be the life of the party. Let them be them, why can’t we just accept? Accept, love, encourage more of themselves, and ungrudgingly, without judgment, watch them live their lives and smile. How beautiful they are. How happy we are that they’re alive, that they exist. Here, whether people will ever see or not, for a significant reason.

One can only hope you will at least accept that.

Translate